Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

5km cross country run!

Heeeellllloooo!!!
   Its me... :)

Today, my school had a 5km cross country race!! All week ive been looking forward to it!! haha... running is my favourtest (not a word... i know!) thing!!!
   My aim was not to come first, or any of that, i didnt see it as a race. I saw it as a fun thing!! I am good at running, i run long distances, thats what im best at... im not exactly the fastest... or i am fast, compared to some. On the treadmilll i can run at a speed of 10-12km an hour, and thats pretty fast!! But i prfer to run long distances... at at speed of 10/11 and then when im sprinting a few minutes i run, 12/13...
  But onto my actual day?

My aim was to do the best i could, and beat my own personal time!! Which i am proud to say, i did both!
  
When the siren went off... off i went... running, running, running. Totally focused on myself, on the path before me. Running past people, was one of the best feelings ever!! I kept my energy saved, i ran at a good pace, so that i could keep running while others were slowing down... and then when others really ran upp the hills, i took it slow and easy so that i could keep running after the hills, while others had to stop and walk.... thats the best tips i can give you, dont wear yourself out at the start and dont exhaust yourself up the hills, if you have to, walk the hills so you can run afterwards!!
 
Of course, half way through... i start to struggle for air, but i just had to take small breaths and keep going... my legs going, one two, one two.. a steady pattern, my heart beating fast in a wuick tempo!!
   My eyes pointed forward, my only aim to finish, to run past the finish line.... & out run a few people!! haha
   The last 500 m, when i saw the finish line... i shot off... my legs pushing me fast and forward.... i sprinted full out, and i heard the shouting and cheering of everyone as i keep dashing forward!!
  When i crossed the finishing line, i got the good news that i was the 5th fastest girl - out of c.a 600 people, i was in the top 10 fastest people!!
  Yes, im very proud of myself!!! :) But it wasnt much of a shock... - Ohhh.. cocky right? ;)
 
I am very proud of myself now :) All i really want to do is run another race.... i am going ot start administrating myself to other races, for next year!! So that i  know im gonna run, and have a place :)
   I love it!! It feels so good in my whole body, my mind set!! I feel like im actually good at something!! :)




I got home, and made myself a really nice smoothie: Fruit yoghurt, banana, berries and banana and a whole load of cinnamon! hah
 
All my studies are done, so i know i can just relax tonight!!Niceee :)

How is everyone doing? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment